Friday, May 1, 2020

Morgan Suspension Build, Part 5

Since my last post, I made and welded all the anchor points for the front suspension and shocks. This has been a great learning curve. Well after mounting the upper and lower A-arms, to the front knuckles/spindles, I have some concerns. The threads on the upper ball joint are two inches long, but only an inch will be used, combined with shock clearance at a minimum, I'm contemplating making new upper wishbones, that are 3/4"(20mm) longer. This would give more clearance for the shocks, and leave less exposed thread on the upper ball joint. at the same time, I may upgrade the lower ball joint to something with a better/ stronger mounting.

Spike





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME..........

 Today the USPS sleigh brought me a gift.  A 40mm DCOE Weber.